The spring season calls for refreshing and maintaining your most lived-in spaces, including your home and car.
Taking care of basic maintenance tasks can also help you avoid dealing with expensive repairs in the future.
In other words, now is the perfect time to make sure your property is in tiptop shape. Here are six essential car and home tasks to have on your radar.
First, check your vehicle’s service schedule. That way, you’ll know when and how often your car needs certain repairs, including:
- Oil Change: Check with your mechanic, but most people advise replacing engine oil every 3,000 miles. Delaying this can result in damage to your engine.
- Tire Rotation: Like an oil change, see if your tires should be rotated every 3,000 miles to prolong their use and save you money on future replacements.
- Worn-Out Parts: Using old wiper blades, engine air filters and brake pads can lead to bigger problems later on. Replace these as needed to avoid damage to your vehicle.
Do you want to avoid expensive home repairs in the future? Here’s what the experts suggest.
- Roof Inspection: Have a pro check leak-prone areas such as the attic, chimneys and skylights to catch a problem before it affects your home’s entire roof.
- Gutter Cleaning: Clogged gutters can cause water damage to your roof. You can clean out this area yourself or hire someone, depending on the size of your home.
- Exterior Paint and Siding: The exterior protects your home from weather and water damage. Touch up cracked paint and issues with siding quickly to avoid the whole area needing to be remodeled.
Do you have questions about your policy? Reach out today.